Welcome to the home page of Victor B. Putz, Jr. While not the most informative or amazing home page, it serves to coordinate rather than entertain--below, you will find links to my projects and resume as well as any other interesting undertakings I'm currently involved with.
I am a 31-year-old software developer with a decent education (BS in Traditional Physics and MS in Software Development and Management), ten years of experience as a UH-1 Pilot for the US Air Force, and an absolute passion for software development. These things--aviation and software development--turned out not to mix so well, and so after ten years as a military officer, I am seeking my fortune in the currently-rocky software industry.
I participate in a number of open-source projects, some idiosyncratic and some more practical, but all somewhat interesting. Current projects of interest are:
- Hidsporb, a WDM (Windows Driver Model) driver for the now-unsupported Spacetec SpaceOrb 360 (and slowly expanding to include other models), hosted at http://hidsporb.sourceforge.net
- EPalm, a library and tools to allow development for PalmOS using the excellent SmallEiffel compiler and Eiffel language, hosted at http://epalm.sourceforge.net
- EPolyglot, an experiment in multilanguage programming with Eiffel, Haskell, and Python in the same executable, located at http://yakrofs.sourceforge.net
- YakTest, a simple testing framework to allow unit testing in the style of CppUnit, but with a much simpler OO core, at http://yaktest.sourceforge.net
- YakBase, a very simple core which includes a basic flexible message log and "design-by-contract"-style assertions for C++, at http://yakbase.sourceforge.net
- YakTrack, an experimental small-team issue tracking database using XML and Python, at http://yaktrack.sourceforge.net
- My PSP study, including an emperical comparison of software development in both Eiffel and C++, which is interesting to read even if, scientifically, the comparison is flawed by a small sample size. You can view the study here; the appendix contains the comparison.
- YakIcons, a C++ game development library built atop the Simple DirectMedia layer (work on hold until further notice)
- Flynn Sprint, a multiplatform re-imagining of the classic "Lode Runner" game (released once back in 1996 for MS-DOS, this has never quite been rewritten... although I've come mighty close)
I invite any passers-by to look at my resume, located conventiently here
Winged Yak Productions
For those of you hoping to find here a link to the Winged Yak Productions
page, keep in mind that this is my personal web page-- Nyx is a
public access system, so I can't (of course) do any business here. Winged Yak Productions was my sole proprietorship that developed and released the MS-DOS version of Flynn Sprint back in 1996, which was a rollicking adventure at the time. It is currently on hiatus.
My current location
I currently live in the urban paradise of Albuquerque, NM with my three
insane dogs, Roslyn (a Klee Kai-- a miniature husky), Lucas (a hyperkinetic
full-size Siberian Husky), and Ellis (his polar opposite, the Sweetest Husky in the World)--and of course my lovely wife, Jo.
Questions? Write me at email@example.com