Jeffrey R. Rozycki
59 Leafwood Lane Suite 270
Groton, CT 06340
Experienced Engineering Professional, with significant expertise
in Computer Engineering disciplines, Computer Applications,
Structural Analysis, modeling and programming, Material Science,
and CAD. Good understanding of Construction Management &
Project Engineering demands. Strong business and technical capabilities.
Excellent conceptual, design and marketing sense.
CLARKSON UNIVERSITY [Potsdam, NY]
Masters of Engineering Majoring in Structural Engineering
Completed unique Masters of Engineering program, where emphasis
was placed on the more comprehensive and sophisticated side of
practice, including a substantial hands on project. Utilized
computer workstations to run comprehensive analyses.
CLARKSON UNIVERSITY [Potsdam, NY]
BS Civil/Structural Engineering (3.3/4.0)
Developed strong mathematical, analytical, and programming skills.
Focus was on Structural Engineering disciplines, Strengths
of Materials, Construction Management, and associated environmental
issues. Academically superior, graduated with Distinction.
Recipient of Clarkson Trustee Scholarship, Alfred Johnson and
Walter K. Seaman Memorial Scholarships. Elected to Theta Chi
- Languages: Basic, Fortran, Pascal, PostScript,
- OS: DOS, Windows, UNIX, UNICOS
- Machines: HP & IBM Workstations, IBM-PC, Macintosh
- FEA/CAD: MSC/PATRAN, STAAD ISDS/III, MSC/NASTRAN,
ANSYS, VIBES, FeSol, Commands, AutoCAD, CADKey, ModelMate
- Internet: 8 years, World Wide Web, Telnet, FTP,
E-Mail, Usenet News, Gopher
- Various desktop publishing, spreadsheet, word processing,
and database software, including Microsoft Applications
GENERAL DYNAMICS Electric Boat Division, 1993 - Present
- Based on engineering expertise and significant knowledge of
computer science, selected to perform Finite Element Analyses
of the Reactor Compartment Aft Bulk Head. FE model contained
150,000 DOF, thermal and pressure loads, 9 Super Elements,
and required analysis on a CRAY Super Computer System. Currently
involved in Transient Analysis (USA) of the Shielded Passageway.
- Responsible for conducting feasibility studies, coordinating
stress and structural analysis projects. Work supported the
redesign and re-engineering of structure and materials used in
the construction or upgrade of nuclear submarines. Prepared
detailed engineering change notices in compliance with MILspec's
and rigid project schedules.
- Programmed various Fortran routines for in-house software.
Frequently assist engineering staff in software applications
and Internet navigation.
- Selected as an on-campus recruiter for Electric Boat. Perform
on-campus interviews and select candidates for in-plant interviews.
CLARKSON UNIVERSITY 1990 - 1992 [Potsdam, NY]
- Assisted in a variety of experiments within the Ice Lab.
- Assisted Engineering faculty in grading undergraduate papers
(Strength of Materials, Mechanics & Machines, Fluid Dynamics)
NIAGARA MOHAWK POWER CORPORATION, Summer 1991 [Syracuse,
Facilities Engineering Intern/Co-op:
- Under direction of a Professional Engineer at corporate headquarters,
designed and analyzed various structures found at NiMo facilities.
- Designed masonry lintels, lattice box beams, roof framing
- Conducted tension analysis of electrical poles/power station
- Developed and currently operate a mail-order business via
the Internet and other media. Created concept and marketing strategies.
- WWW Page development. Landed contract with a Boston firm
to develop and maintain their Web Page.
- Have developed technical and non-technical products, investigated
patent process and marketability.
- Long term musical and song writing interests.
On-line portfolio located at http://www.nyx.net/~jrozyck/
- Strong Business, Marketing and Engineering perspective.
Able to see the broader picture, insure both engineering integrity
and fiscal advisability.
- Skilled in coordinating projects. Work well independently
or as part of a team.
- Practical, inventive and resourceful in solving complex problems.
Noteworthy conceptual and analytical capabilities.
- Well versed in Computer Sciences.
- Good sense of humor, get along well with colleagues, customers
- Enjoy challenge and the opportunity to produce tangible results.
REFERENCES: Available Upon Request