Welcome to the Home Page for
of Colorado Springs, Colorado
- What is MEGS?
We are a group of Macintosh "power users" who meet regularly to discuss the Macintosh computer.
- A small but diverse group. Our talented members are network administrators, consultants, educators, developers, entrepreneurs and students.
- Serious about the use of the Macintosh as a tool to empower individuals.
- Dependent upon the participation of each member.
- An independent organization; not sponsored by any dealer, vendor or other company.
- Committed to being responsive to the needs of our members.
- Determined in maintaining relationships with Apple, developers and related organizations.
- Licensed by Apple to distribute system software to our membership.
MEGS does not:
- Provide novice assistance. Membership is limited to intermediate and advanced Mac users.
- Provide demonstrations by commercial vendors at our meetings. We prefer presentations by our members.
- Maintain a library of public domain or shareware software. There are plenty of convenient sources which we do recommend.
- Condone and we actively discourage the illegal copying of commercial software. In addition we urge members to pay software authors for any shareware they keep and use.
- When Does MEGS Meet?
MEGS normally meets from 7pm to 9pm on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Members are notified of the meeting location each month.
- How Can I Become a Member?
You must be invited by an existing member. We like our membership small so that we can respond to the topics and needs of advanced Macintosh users. Members are expected to actively participate. To be an active participant in MEGS you must attend regularly (and take an active part in) the meetings and/or contribute your time and/or equipment. Also, all members must have an e-mail address.
There are no membership fees, however costs of MEGS' publications and distribution are shared by the membership.
If you're interested in becoming a member of MEGS, and you think you have the "right stuff," send e-mail to Chriss Koch (email@example.com). In your message briefly introduce yourself (including your qualifications) and express your interest in attending a MEGS meeting.
- Our Snail-mail Address:
2060 Seven Arrow Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80915-4412
- Our URL (this page):
© Copyright 1997 by MEGS, all rights reserved.
Last modified: 8/23/97
E-mail your comments or questions to: