Building Technology Specialist
- Work with individual teachers on specific questions/computer problems.
- Worked with our lead teachers to develop a database to record all the books our school has for reading support.
- Order and load software; order and install hardware.
- Follow-up on orders that are denied or are incomplete.
- Develop and arrange demonstrations and/or inservices of new software.
- Connect teachers to the school LAN and district's WAN.
- Maintain the school's file server and computer labs.
- Consult with the building DPS technologist specialist on tech problems.
- Consult with the software and hardware manufacturers to solve problems.
- Chair technology committee meetings.
- Develop software as requested by teachers to meet a need in their classroom.
- Connect teachers to and train them to use Infinite Campus
(the district's student attendance computer system).
- Administer the school's technology budget.
- Upgrade the school's computers as needed.
- Resolve voice mail problems.
- Resolve inventory problems.