Subject: ASPT ASSC Bob Smyth Trip Report 02/20, 21
From: [email-masked] (Anonymous)
Date: 1998/02/24
Newsgroups: alt.sex.strip-clubs

Hola Compadres, Amigos, Sires, Senores, Senoritas, Chiquitas,

I have returned from TJ.

I will keep this report to a minimum since I need to catch up on
some stuff that slipped my attention before I slipped away.

I'll keep the sentences simple so that all I need to do is spell
check this piece and then post it.

Mostly I'll relate facts since it would take forever for me to
write the thought processes bouncing around inside the gringo
brain which inhabits my skull.

The facts of the trip will be of more interest anyway.  Most
guys could care less what I'm thinking about while I'm naked
covered with sweat getting Spanish lessons from a TJ "date".

Feb 20
18:30 I leave Palo Alto

19:20 After a few wrong turns I park in long term parking at sjc.

19:21 I start my jog to the SW Air terminal which is about a mile
away.  I have 9 minutes to get through security and to the gate
before they give away my ticket.

19:35  I arrive at the gate to find the flight is delayed until
after midnight.

20:55  I find myself seated on the 18:10 flight which was delayed
until 20:55.  I'm glad I got on this flight.

22:15  I land in SD and find my way to the city bus stop.

22:30  Bus appears and takes me to the trolley station.

23:00  I get on the wrong trolley to ask a few questions.  The
trolley starts rolling; I'm trapped in it until the next stop.
Passengers give me instructions.

23:05  I get off the wrong trolley.

23:20  I meet 3 guys who are waiting for the TJ trolley.

23:25  They tell me lots of gut wrenching stories about bad things
that have happened to gringos down in TJ.  One of the guys
claims to have spent 18 days in a Mexican jail.
They advise me to ditch my ASPT name tag. It might invite trouble.

23:26  I ask if I can pal around with them until I get to my
hotel (la villa de zaragosa).

23:45  We get on the right trolley.

Feb 21

00:30  I check into la villa de zaragosa.

01:00  I enter Bambi's on Revolucion with 2 of my new pals.  We
lost one of the guys.  Perhaps he wanted to stay north of the
border until the jail experience was wiped from his memory.
One of the guys states, "Bambi's is the best strip club in town."
We watch the stage dancing for awhile. Two girls proposition us.
We decline.  She was offering something for $50; I'm not sure what.
I tell my new friends, "I want to go to the Chicago Club."

Them: "What's that?"

Me: "Place recommended by the internet."

Them: (2 sailors under 21): We came to drink.  We are going to a
club which gives you all you can drink for $5.

01:30
Me: "Adios Amigos, thanks for helping me get across the border!"
I leave my new friends and begin a trek north.  They advised
me, "Stay on Revolucion, It's safe".

01:35  This place is crowded.  Hey, there's a VW with police lights
on top.  Hey, there's a donkey with tiger stripes. Hey, there's
more beggers here than in SF.

01:45  I'm in a dark area with few street lights.  Mental alarm bells start
to go off.  I'm on Revolucion but it does not look all that safe.
The lights seem to be a few blocks to my left. Ahead and to the right
I see... Darkness.

I stick to the middle of the street.  Eventually I see ... a sign a
few hundred yards to my left;
it says, ...

  "Adelita"

I'm hit by both dread & relief & dread & relief.

I really should have consulted my ascii map before leaving Bambi's.

Good news: I know where I am.
Bad news:  From my memory of the ascii map; I am in "Bandido Central".

A voice from the darkness beckons to me...

Hey...
HEY!...
Amigo...
You lost Amigo?!?!

I ignore the voice.

I turn towards Adelita; I walk in the middle of the street.

01:50  I enter Adelita.

To be continued....

-Roberto "close-call" Smyth
anon5192 @ nyx.net
www.nyx.net/~anon5192