Subject: Bob Boffs a Stripper!
From: [email-masked] (Bob Smyth)
Date: 1996/09/23
Newsgroups: alt.sex.strip-Clubs,alt.arts.origami

Hello Thar.

Kewl subject line huh?

Sorry, I can't spare any details except that I did learn how to fold
a $1 frog.

Well, I can say this...

I'm here with a technical SPAM killing demo.

Actually, I'm writing a book on how to kill SPAM posts and
I want you to buy it.  It's only $22.95!!!!

Once I get gemini's 800 # I'll post it here.
I'll set it up so you can order it via modem after your
auto-dialer attempts 100 calls.

Soon I'll cross post this ad to every newsgroup this
side of the infamous Wagon Wheel which will never get ANY
of my jiz.
Oops, I mean biz.

Here is the cliff-notes version of the book:

***Bob's KILL files 101 ***

step 1. Get a unix account with access to the net.

step 2. make sure the account has access to trn for reading news.

step 3. create the following file : ~/News/alt/sex/strip-clubs/KILL

step 4. put this line in the file : /.*,.*,.*,.*,/Hnewsgroups:j
(the intent here is to KILL every article which has been
posted to more than 4 groups)

step 5. edit the following file : ~/.newsrc and move the entry for
alt.sex.strip-clubs to the top.

step 6. put on a rubber.

step 7. go to your friendly unix shell prompt.

step 8. type "trn"

you should see this:
====== 23521 unread articles in alt.sex.strip-clubs -- read now? [+ynq]

step 9. yell  "HAIL ORIGAMI!!"

step 10. press "y"

Processing memorized commands...

/.*,.*,.*,.*,/Hnewsgroups:j
27902   Junked
27907   Junked
27908   Junked

...

Killed 144 articles.

[Type space to continue]

step 11. press the space bar

At this point you should see an article which has been cross posted
to less than four groups.

For example, I see this one:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
alt.sex.strip-clubs #27901 (255 more)
From: DrD <[email-masked]>
[1] Re: Ideas for BobCon I???
Date: Mon Sep 16 07:44:27 PDT 1996
Organization: Sons of Eris
Lines: 14
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0Gold (Win16; I)

Z Bone wrote:
>
> CalifENGNR -->  Bob's Classy Lady, Industrial Bob, OddBob Cabaret...
>
> Laar-->  Tropical Bob?
>
> Z Bone--> Bob's Hof Brau?  Does anybody know where there is a DANCER
> named Bob working?
>

DrD--> No.  And I don't want to know.  The last Bob (Bobbi) was just not
a real fun experience at the end.  So, no mo' Bob(bi)s.

SteveDrBob
End of article 27901 (of 29041) -- what next? [npq]

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

As you can see the KILL file is not perfect.  It let through a post
on the "bob thread".  Notice, however, that the above article has
been posted to only one group.

Oh well, check out the following newsgroup for real complicated
KILL files for trn:

   news.software.readers

Altering the KILL file to filter "Bob posts" should be as simple
as folding $1 Princely-frog.

I hate trn so at this point I type "q" a few times until I'm back to
my unix prompt.  The nice thing is that my .newsrc file will be in
a state such that nn (my favorite newsreader) will ignore all of
the posts which trn has KILLED.

This post has been done for you as a personal favor from Bob Smyth
and a public service to the internet.

If it's too complicated, just do step 6.

Oh check out my web page too:

http://www.nyx.net/~anon5192

Laar, if you need some size 8 plaid flannel ladies underwear,
contact Ginger.

-Bob "Psycho Spam Killer Webmeister" Smyth

     _____________________________________________________________________________________
                                                
   [Previous] [Next] [Hitlist] [Get Thread] [Author Profile] [Post] [Post] [Reply]
     _____________________________________________________________________________________
                                                
   Home   Power Search   Post to Usenet   Ask DN Wizard   Help
   Why use DN?   |   Advertising Info   |   New Features!   |   Policy Stuff
   Copyright © 1996 Deja News, Inc. All rights reserved.