Subject: 3/1/96 Night at the strip club
From: [email-masked] (Bob Smyth)
Newsgroups: ba.singles

net.people,

You are invited to a Night at the strip club on 3/1/96 fri night.

PLACE: Chez Paree in SF on Mason just north of Mason/6th & Market

TIME: 9pm until first light

ACTIVITIES: A male bonding thing, but with Naked women.  If you
net.girls want to attend, you are very welcome.  The club has a main
stage where the strippers strip.  The patrons sit around and watch and
talk.  The strippers walk out among the patrons and convince them to
go to more private areas where tips are expected.  It's okay to say,
"No thanks".  If you say yes, usually you just follow her into the
private area, whip out a $20 and talk about rocket science and/or
current events for awhile.  All the net.people hang around the corner
opposite the stage near the cigarette machine.

After they close at 2am, we head over to one of the all night diners
and have fun.  Sometimes the strippers will come along.  I heard that
one night one of the strippers got on the table and gave a show.  I
heard the guys acted nonchalant and told the waitress and other
customers, "She likes to do this once in awhile."

COMMENTS about the place: Near some major hotels, but still kind of
grungy; try to walk within a group; look poor.  If you wear some plaid
flannel pajamas rather than an Armani suit, the beggers & muggers
might steer clear of you.  You should bring money.  admission is $15.
tips will run you between $20 & 1 mortgage payment depending on how
generous you are.  If you have an ass-c button admission is free (1st
fri of every month).

CIGARETTES: Chez Paree is cigarette friendly.  Usually what I do
is hang out at Mitchell Brothers (which is smoke free) until 1am.
Then, I go to Chez Paree.  That way I only sit in the smoke for
about an hour before we go to the diner.

BOOZE: Chez Paree has a bar next door.

TRANSPORTATION: put your gas guzzler on 101 and go north from sj.
exit at 4th, drive towards market, park at 5th & mission garage.
If you have never driven into the city and parked, you are in for
an unsettling experience.
Try to avoid driving around north of market unless you have an
old beater or a taxi cab.  the streets are narrow, hilly, crowded,
and confusing.
Consult a map.

Another option is catch the samtrans 7f which will get you pretty close.
You can catch the 7f at Stanford shopping center and a hundred other
places along el camino.  If you want to drink during the evening,
this might be your best bet.  I think the 7f runs all night.
If you propose to a stripper and she accepts, th 7f can get you
to SFO for a quick flight to vegas.  She might wonder, though,
"Where's the limo? Why is this guy riding the bus?"

If you are into hiking, you could take the train up; last one back
leaves 4th&townsend around midnight I think.

I think bart quits at midnight.

I am clueless about bus transportation from the e-bay.

.
-Bob "being friendly" Smyth
.